Raw Vegan Matcha Charcoal Swirl Cheesecake
A delicious recipe by Olympian Julia Murray! Check out her blog here!
Forget friends with benefits… dessert with benefits way more fun. And yes, this raw vegan matcha charcoal swirl cheese cake does taste as good as it looks.
This luscious dessert is a crowd-pleases and SO easy!! It only takes 15 minutes of actual time in the kitchen for you. The rest of the time is for soaking the nuts and freezing the cake so it’s a cheese cake-like texture.
Mixing these two wonders together creates a black and green galaxy of antioxidants and intense detoxifying powers your body will thank you for. Matcha does wonders as an antioxidant powerhouse, and activated charcoal actually binds to toxins and heavy metals in your body (great for hangovers).
Matcha is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world. I’ve been loving the ceremonial grade DoMatcha. They’re all about quality and transparency with their matcha (check out where they source it from and how it’s made here).
- Antioxidant powerhouse! Matcha helps slow aging process by fighting free radicals and protecting your cells from damage and minimizing your risk for disease
- Sustained energy release compared to coffee (no jitters)
- High in the antioxidant EGCG, which is shown to boost metabolism, increase fat loss, and help prevent disease
- 137 times more antioxidants that your typical green tea
- L-theanine in matcha improves memory and boosts your mood by helping produce dopamine and serotonin
- High levels of chlorophyll in matcha detoxifies your body by helping remove heavy metals and chemical toxins
- Increases your immunity with it’s antibiotic properties and good levels of vitamin A, C and potassium
For ingredients and cooking instructions click here!