Spring Detox Recipes with Organic Green Tea Powder
April 26, 2023
As the weather improves and we shed some winter blues, March can be an excellent time to detoxify our homes and bodies. Instead of the hearty, comfort foods we might have craved in the wintertime, our appetite might lean more towards lighter, fresh, healthy foods like salads, unsweetened ice matcha lattes, and green smoothies.
We rounded up some delicious and fresh recipes for the Spring season that include organic green tea powder.
Detox Matcha Smoothie
This detoxifying matcha smoothie has a distinctive refreshing taste from 100% natural coconut water and is lightly sweetened with banana, with a hint of spiciness from the raw ginger. The combination of clean, vegan protein powder and a splash of healthy fat makes this combination a powerful hunger stopper. The smoothie is packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and antioxidants giving way to its immune-enhancing properties.
Makes one smoothie
- 125mL unsweetened coconut water
- 1 scoop of Profi Vanilla protein powder
- ½ frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of raw spinach
- 1 tsp raw grated ginger
- 1 heaping tsp of Domatcha Summer Harvest organic
- 1 tsp of unrefined coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1 tsp of bee pollen (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Iced Lavender-Matcha Tea
This organic matcha iced tea is a refreshing take on the classic iced tea. A distinctive aroma of lavender blended with bittersweet matcha pairs greatly with orange blossom honey.
Makes one pitcher 1L (4 servings)
- 60mL local raw or pasteurized honey (recommend Orange Blossom Honey from Main Street Honey Shoppe)
- 30mL pure lavender syrup
- 20mL Domatcha Summer Harvest Organic
- Ice, as needed
- Boil some hot water, and gently whisk the matcha powder in hot water until dissolved. Stir in the honey and lavender syrup.
- Fill a pitcher halfway with ice, pour the matcha lavender mixture onto the ice, and fill it with cold water until the pitcher is 90% full.
Creamy Matcha Dressing
Bittersweet matcha is a unique complement to this creamy and zesty dressing which is bound to add a little flair to your salads. Drizzle over a heartier green like kale and cabbage or a warm rice bowl.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ an avocado
- ¾ cup plain coconut or almond yogurt
- 30 mL fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup of fresh basil
- 2 tsp Domatcha Culinary Organic Matcha
- 60mL virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Chill in fridge before serving.
Ginger Spiced Matcha Protein Balls (Low sugar)
Makes 12 servings or balls.
These protein-packed matcha tea balls are potent in healthy fats and gets a nice kick from the spicy ginger.
- 1 scoop Profi vanilla protein powder
- 4 tablespoon almond butter
- 2-3 tsp Domatcha Culinary Organic matcha
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tsp of organic ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 15ml maple syrup
- 10ml coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blend all ingredients except sesame seeds in a food processor. Roll into 2-tablespoon balls. Roll half in sesame seeds and the other half with matcha powder.
- Store on a tray or large dish in the fridge for 2-4 hours until hardened.